Tuesday, June 04, 2013

buttercup


Got some fat quarters or scraps you don't know what to do with? Quick, gather them up and make a buttercup bag! The pattern is free, and it is excellent and easy to follow. This little bag only took maybe a couple of hours start to finish. The only mildly fiddly part is sewing that top band to the pleated bottom section because it's a curve. But the pieces fit together properly so it isn't even hard.


This purse is fully lined and has a wee pocket that's large enough for a cell phone or small personal items.

You are supposed to not be lazy like I am, and go buy a magnetic snap for the closure, but I didn't know if I would like the pattern and I would rather poke myself in the eye than go to Joann Fabrics most of the time...so I didn't go get one. Now I am kicking myself because this bag is freaking adorable! I will be making the trip to buy a bunch of snaps so I can make lots of buttercup bags.


This will be so great for a summer date night, or a quick trip to the store when I just need a wallet and phone (you know, instead of the satchel I usually haul around with crayons, snacks, water bottles, coupons, knitting, etc, etc).


I'm going to brew up something hot and caffeinated, and pick out some fat quarters to make another buttercup. Thanks for the great pattern, Rae!

1 comment:

LOL Elo Boost said...

I find the scarcity of simulated paramours astonishing. With all the progress in AI (artificial intelligence), why haven't we seen a lot more? The one title I know about that shows any actual AI relationship fostering is a more obscure simulation titled Kari Virtual Girlfriend. Kari has already been around for a minimum of 6 years and has evolved little or none, which is shameful as the particular concept is tremendous. I myself imagine if a large studio makes a high-quality game.
cheap elo boost
Cheap League of Legends Coaching